- Dental implants are excellent, extremely successful and long lasting restorations and have few disadvantages when compared to alternatives such as fixed bridges or removable dentures.
- However, dental implants do require a minor surgical procedure for their placement. Most implant surgeries are uneventful but as with any surgical procedure, there is a small risk of complications.
- A certain healing period is required after surgery before the final restorations are placed and hence implant based prosthesis are made over a longer time period compared to other alternatives.
- Moreover, Implants are usually more expensive than conventional bridges and dentures.
- These limitations are more than compensated by the long term esthetic, functional and biological advantages of implants.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR ANY QUERY.