- In the past missing teeth were replaced with a fixed partial denture (bridge), or removable partial or complete dentures. These replacement options are still used today but have several limitations. In most situations, dental implants provide much superior dental replacement options compared to the abovementioned traditional fixed or removable dentures. Advantages of Dental Implants include.
- Unlike a fixed partial denture or bridge, dental implants usually do not involve grinding adjacent natural teeth, thus preserving healthy tooth structure.
- Compared to bridges, Dental Implants are generally easier to keep clean and are not affected by cavities.
- Implants provide stimulation to supporting jaw bone and prevent bone loss and gum (soft tissue) shrinkage, which are comman ongoing problems with bridges and removable dentures.
- As Implants are directly anchored to bone, they do not cause soft tissue soreness and pain commonly seen with removable dentures.
- Implants are completely secure, unlike removable dentures which can sometimes loosen and be displaced while talking or eating which severely undermines the patient’s confidence.
- Implants are long lasting, usually look and feel much better and allow almost the same biting strength as natural teeth.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR ANY QUERY.