Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental treatment that improves the appearance of teeth and /or gums and enhances a person’s smile and overall facial esthetics. Some of the procedures that improve dental and smile esthetics include
- Veneers are thin, custom-made laminates or coatings (made up of composite, ceramic or zirconia ) that are bonded on the outer surface of the teeth. They are good treatment options to close minor gaps, enhance the shape or improve the color of the teeth
Prosthesis and Restorations
- Replacement of missing teeth by dental implants, fixed or removable dentures also significantly enhances the smile and improves appearance. Most of the treatment done to restore damaged, decayed teeth also have an improvement in esthetics as one of the essential goals.
Teeth whitening (Bleaching)
- It is a common cosmetic dental procedure for lightening dark or discoloured teeth.
- This involves aligning the teeth and correcting their position to achieve an improvement in smile and overall facial appearance.
- A gum lift is a cosmetic dental procedure that raises and sculpts the gum line.The procedure involves reshaping the gingival tissue and/or underlying bone to create a desirable appearance.
Dr. Rohit and Akshita Mehrotra, having specialized in Orthodontics and Prosthodontics respectively, have considerable expertise to provide their patients with multiple treatment options for designing their smiles and improving their appearance.
Please visit the Smile Gallery to view some of our treated cases and the improvement produced in the dental and face esthetics of our patients with a wide variety of treatment procedures.